Slip 89

Marc Heerdink marc_heerdink at softhome.net
Fri May 4 11:15:43 PDT 2001

Simon Perreault sent these bits on Thu, 3 May 2001 20:09:57 -0400:
> On Thursday 03 May 2001 19:30, you wrote:
> > Anyway, I'll be building an LFS now with all the new packages under 44, up
> > to 89 (the latest one).
>
> Nevermind, I just found out that a lot of them were already completed. I
> closed a bunch of them. (Bad, bad Marc.) There are not enough to warrant a
> complete build. I'll do other slips then. Hum...

Sorry.. I've been online for only 20 secs the past week (to do the cvs cis) I
just forgot about keystone. But hey, you guys also want me to pass my finals
right?

> I feel that we should somehow move to glibc-2.2.latest. I suggest that we
> make the modifications in CVS, and let the people test it out. Five or so
> developers can't declare a glibc installation method stable all by themselves.

Too bad the latest "stable" glibc (2.2.3) doesn't work with the latest stable
gcc (2.95.3). There is a patch however, and we just can't make ppl use the gcc
cvs sources. I don't know if we do the right thing if we move to a not really
stable and reliable glibc version that isn't even compatible with the latest
stable gcc.

- L. Flon

Marc Heerdink
marc_heerdink at softhome.net