lfs-3.0-pre3

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 4 13:29:04 PDT 2001

It's been a month since pre2, I say it's about time for lfs-3.0-pre3 to
be released.

Tentative schedule (this will be final as soon the
lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org guys agree on it) as follows:

Friday May 11th: Code-freeze
Anybody who makes changes to CVS without my consent (no matter how big
or small the change is) will be yelled at.

The week of Monday May 21st: release LFS-3.0-pre3

During the code-freeze we'll be building some LFS systems to work out
typo's in the installation instructions, quick review of the surrounding
text, etc, etc.

Then somewhere in tehw eek of Monday May 21st it'll be released. When
exactly isn't known yet - it all depends on what kind of problems are
found in the 'code-freeze' stage.

After pre3, I want to put gcc-2.95.3 in the book, and perhaps
glibc-2.2.3. It's about time we start undergoing some real-life tests
with gcc-2.95.3. I haven't heard that many bad things anymore, so we'll
try it out.

Objections against the schedule?