Slip 89

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 4 13:51:40 PDT 2001

> * le jeu 03 mai, 2001 à 08:09:57 -0400, Simon Perreault (nomis80 at videotron.ca) écrivait:
> > Considering that:
> > - New versions are good.
> > - People want a safe way to install a custom system with the latest sources.
> > - I want the book to move forward.
> > - CVS is a place for highly unstable code. It is a drawing board. It is
> > development. pre releases are more stable, but still cannot be considered
> > stable.
> >
> > I feel that we should somehow move to glibc-2.2.latest. I suggest that we
> > make the modifications in CVS, and let the people test it out. Five or so
> > developers can't declare a glibc installation method stable all by themselves.

Funny, as I'm being bored here at work while running performance tests
on our hardware and software, I came to the same conclusion. After pre3
i want gcc for sure, not sure if Glibc right away. Why not Glibc? I'm
just wondering if they're going to update Glibc any time soon. If that
happens soon, we may as well wait for it. If not, let's go for 2.2.3

10 more minutes and I'm outa here....yeah!