[Keystone Slip #18] Chapter 8: Note that errors regarding sysklogd are normal until user is finished

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 6 07:21:43 PDT 2001

> This is already in chapter8/reboot.xml. Could open a new slip about "doing
> network before reboot"...

It's done like this for a reason. If the circumstances are right, you can't
install network software in chroot. Linux may freeze up. "circumstances are
right" isn't clearly defined yet, but one of the factors is when you run a
2.2 kernel on host system and 2.4 kernel on LFS. I think either net-tools or
netkit-base or both read from /proc to get some info to compile. Jesse adn I
got the idea to see if unmounting /proc during install. helps; that way we
can do the network install before the reboot as we used to.

But let's not get at this quite yet, first gotto investigate it