sed "s|/var/spool/mail|/var/mail|" login.defs.linux > /etc/login.defs

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun May 6 16:41:13 PDT 2001

This command is executed in the shadow suite file. Shouldn't there be a "cp
login.defs login.defs.linux" or something? Now we have two files that contain
differnet info. If we keep both files around, they should be identical,
right? And why are there two files anyway, won't one do?

No, I haven't read the docs yet on this thing. It clearly has changed since
the last version, I will read it soon, just not right now and I want to be
sure the instructions are allright.