Bugzilla 'thing'

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 7 08:36:12 PDT 2001

Hi,

One of the things that I like about Keystone is that whenever somebody
makes a change to any of the slips, it will always email
lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org and inform us what has changed.

Now, when you are in Bugzilla and you accept a NEW bug (in Keystone it's
called an Open slip and accepting is the same as changing to Active in
Keystone), the person accepting it will appear in the "Assinged To"
field of the bug. Any changes made to that particular bug will be
emailed to the person who makes a change, and to the person who has been
assinged to the bug, but not lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org, so it'll be
harder for us to find out, unless...

i'm just thinking; just remembered that Bugzilla has a QA (Quality
Assurance) field. It can be changed to somebody else, but if we just
agree that lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org is always the QA contact, then
the list will be informed whenever something happens to a bug. Let's
test this. I'll play a bit more with bug 4 that you have seen scrolling
by yesterday.

The bug is assigned to gerard at linuxfromscratch.org. lfs-book is the QA
contact and I will use bugzilla at linuxfromscratch.org's account to make a
change to the bug. Hold on, let's see if this works as expected.