Slip 89

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 7 12:08:07 PDT 2001

> As in.. tag MAIN before creating a new branch, tag the branch when done
> to close it, then tag MAIN to have a reference when the tag closed,
> etc...
>
> You have Karl Fogel's book right? maybe we are talking about two

No I don't have that book. I never got around buying it (money problems
;).

> different thins ;) (tags and branches are two different things, tags can
> be used as marking stones, so when LFS-3.0 is released, you mark CVS
> saying, 'ok, this is when LFS-3.0 was released' and it's easy to diff
> between what has happened since 3.0 and the next release, a branch is
> when you "fork" in a sense, development for a while then remerge it if
> the changes are worthwhile *gasps for air*)

I wasn't talking about tagging branches or whatever it's called. I was
talking/thinking about tagging the xml files and mark them lfs-3.0-pre3,
pre4, 3.0, 3.1, etc.

I'm not anticipating forking the book so I don't see how that's relevant
at the moment?