Slip 89

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Mon May 7 12:33:44 PDT 2001

Yo,

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 02:51:40PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> I'm not quite following you. I don't think I'm thinking what you are
> thinking...

As in.. tag MAIN before creating a new branch, tag the branch when done
to close it, then tag MAIN to have a reference when the tag closed,
etc...

You have Karl Fogel's book right? maybe we are talking about two
different thins ;) (tags and branches are two different things, tags can
be used as marking stones, so when LFS-3.0 is released, you mark CVS
saying, 'ok, this is when LFS-3.0 was released' and it's easy to diff
between what has happened since 3.0 and the next release, a branch is
when you "fork" in a sense, development for a while then remerge it if
the changes are worthwhile *gasps for air*)