[Keystone Slip #39] Grammar and spell checking

lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org lfs-book at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 7 19:19:12 PDT 2001

Slip number -----: 39 (Grammar and spell checking)
Contact ---------: None
Problem ---------: Grammar and spell checking
Opened by -------: gerard (Gerard Beekmans) on 03/13/2001 20:01
Assigned To -----: gerard (Gerard Beekmans)
Current Status --: C (Closed)
History:
05/07/2001 22:19 by gerard:
Current tech set to "Gerard Beekmans (gerard)"
Status changed to "Closed" from "Inactive"

-----
Comment from gerard:
No bug entry needed - should be an on-going thing anyways
04/23/2001 19:00 by gerard:
Current tech cleared from "Gerard Beekmans (gerard)"
Status changed to "Inactive" from "Active"
Summary changed to

"Fix up grammar and spelling"

from

"Don't talk in the third person, remove all 'you' references from text (...and you can do this to get this to work ->...and the user can do this to get this to work) <- or something like that."

04/01/2001 17:31 by gerard:
Status changed to "Active" from "Inactive"

04/01/2001 14:31 by simon:
Current tech changed to "Gerard Beekmans (gerard)" from "Simon Perreault (simon)"
Status changed to "Inactive" from "Active"

-----
Comment from simon:
Gerard told me that he was doing many such changes to the book, and that I had to wait a bit before doing grammar checking.
03/21/2001 21:31 by simon:
Status changed to "Active" from "Inactive"
Summary changed to

"Don't talk in the third person, remove all 'you' references from text (...and you can do this to get this to work ->...and the user can do this to get this to work) <- or something like that."

from

"Don't talk in the third person, remove all 'you' references from text (...and you can do this to get this to work ->...and the user can do this to get this to work) <- or something like that.
"

03/20/2001 03:12 by balu:
Current tech changed to "Simon Perreault (simon)" from "Thomas Walter (balu)"
Status changed to "Inactive" from "Active"

-----
Comment from balu:
I think I've changed most third person-references, so I hand the slip over to Simon for some grammar checking - (if you find any third-persons, please also fix them :)
03/15/2001 11:45 by simon (Time Spent: 60):
I checked grammar up to "Download the LFS Commands". I'm tired now.
03/14/2001 09:43 by balu:
Current tech set to "Thomas Walter (balu)"
Status changed to "Active" from "Open"

-----
Comment from balu:
Changing the "you"s, but don't expect other grammar checking from me :-)

          Full information on this slip is available at:
http://bugtrack.linuxfromscratch.org/visitor.php3?sid=39&v_func=zoom

This message was generated automatically by Keystone at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org