One last Bugzilla issue - parent/child stuff
gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 7 19:54:09 PDT 2001
It's support seems to be non-existing. Yes, I should have investigated
that before, but I didn't.
You are able to go to a certain bug and enter bugs that depend on that
one, but when you create a new bug you can't select a parent.
So, here's how it's done (for now, perhaps there is a better way):
The parent bug is bug #30
You want to add lilo-21.7.5:
1) Enter a new bug
2) Enter the package name in the Summary field
3) When you commited it, click on "Back to BUG #X"
4) Scroll down to "Bug #X depends on:"
5) Enter the parent bug there, in this case "30"
("Bug X blocks" is to add children to this bug, thus making it a parent)
6) Go down and click Commit (make other changes if necessary of course)
Go to bug #30 to see all the children bugs (you can click on show
dependency tree to get a better overview)
If it's not clear yet, let me know
-*- If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem -*-
More information about the lfs-book