LFS FTP archive

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 12 14:38:03 PDT 2001

Hi,

Until the new shadowfax is up and running, you guys will get access to
packages.linuxfromscratch.org to update files. I will give the following
people access:
Jesse (well you already have an account, i'll just update it)
Simon
Marc

I haven't seen anybody else making updates to the book. Other people may
be added later.

what will happen is simply this:
all files in /home/ftp on the server will be chgrp'ed to lfsftp and
files will be made writable by group lfsftp. So when you add files just
double check that the group of the file is lfsftp and the file has mode
664.

I will post details later how to use the ftp archive when you update it.
It's not hard: download file to it, put in /home/ftp/conglomeration, go
to the proper directory (like /home/ftp/cvs, or ftp/curr-lfs-release),
ln -s it from conglomeration and update the 00MD5SUMS file. Not hard,
but I'll write down the exact details after I've added accounts.

I will add the account probably some time in the beginning of next week
(monday, tuesday'ish)