LFS FTP archive

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 12 20:28:09 PDT 2001

On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 07:50:00PM -0400, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> Yo,
>
> On Sat, May 12, 2001 at 06:36:38PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > +S? you mean setgid or something else?
>
> yeah...

One reason I can think of not to make directories setgid is how it may
affect rsync. How it will affect rsync I don't know. Will just have to
try it out and test it. I mean, will the rsync at the remote site retain
the setgid bits. That may not be something a mirror wants.

Also, since the group will be non-root, the remote site will receive
files with gid's that may or may not exist on his/her system (and if it
does, the wrong people may gain write access).

I suppose the mirror sites will have to run a slightly updated script.
After rsync is done running, have them run a "chown root.root -R
/lfs/ftp/archive" and a "chmod g-w -R /lfs/ftp/archive" to fix it up on
their side.

Anything I overlooked?