Fwd: Re: gcc-configure on mdk-8

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 31 06:19:00 PDT 2001

----- Forwarded message from Gerhard Feiner <webmaster at linuxnotebook.de> -----

From: Gerhard Feiner <webmaster at linuxnotebook.de>
To: Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org>
Subject: Re: gcc-configure on mdk-8
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:03:26 +0200

On Thursday 31 May 2001 14:03, you wrote:
> <Cut>
>
> I understand the problem and no, I haven't a clue how to disable this
> myself.

well, after some thinking (of course, i can't test it anymore, too, cuz i
just have finished my lfs now), i got the idea of temporarily renaming
texconfig to somewhat like texconfig.lfs and re-establishing the
original-state after the gcc-build.  it should not be THAT problem to
determine if texconfig (/usr/bin/texconfig in mdk's case) is there or not,
and them do some action, if it's there ...

if [ -f /usr/bin/texconfig ]; then
	mv /usr/bin/texconfig /usr/bin/texconfig.lfs;
fi
.
.
.
gcc-build
.
.
.
if [ -f /usr/bin/texconfig.lfs ]; then
	mv /usr/bin/texconfig.lfs /usr/bin/texconfig;
fi

i think that should be sufficent for the lfs-purpose.  so nobody using
tetex/latex will have to do some stuff for removing it and reinstalling it
afterwards.

w/ best regards
gerd aka 'dev'

--