(no subject)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 3 14:10:04 PST 2002

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 10:26:46PM +0100, St??phane wrote:
> Hi,
> If I can make a suggestion on the installation method, I think prehaps it isn't a bad idea to use a instmon's like program. It write all modified file while installing a new package : it lets you now what package all file on the system come from.
> Personnaly I use instmon ( http://adriana.grecian.net/~mod/instmon/ ) who need installwatch program (http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/installwatch.html).
> The magic ./configure && make && make install is now ./configure && make && instmon -c 'make install'.
>
> PS: Really sorry for my bad english :-(

This should be posted to the lfs-dev mailinglist, not to this list lfs-book

by the way, instead of using a binary program you can very easily obtain
the same kind of list while running this:

touch tmpfile
make install
find / -cnewer tmpfile

you can tell find to omit certain directories like /proc /tmp /home or
wherever you don't install files into anyways.

Example implementations can be found at
ftp.linuxfromscratch.org/misc/pkginst and
ftp.linuxfromscratch.org/misc/pkgdel

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org