OT - Research on LFS

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Fri Mar 8 00:59:34 PST 2002

On Thursday 07 March 2002 21:46, Marc Heerdink wrote:
> Just one question - I was ill while you were polling lfs-book for LFS
> background, so I didn't tell you my story. I'm afraid I lost that
> mail, so I can't give it now either :/ If you still want it, what was
> the exact question again? :o)

Sure I still want it! I'll rephraze my original questions here.

I'm doing a research of LFS for my studies (Arts & Cultures at the
university of Maastricht). I'm focusing on the differences between a
regular book (which you buy at a store or rent at a library) and the
so-called "e-book". I'm not sure what the e-book is, but I do know that
LFS is an example of how it could look.
1. Could you describe how you started with the book, what interested you
in it?
2. What do you think about the format and distribution of the book? Do
you think it's practical if LFS would be printed? What gains/losses
would there be? What are the biggest advantages of not having it
printed?
3. In traditional books, there's a big difference between reader and
writer. With LFS, it's a blurry line. Do you think of yourself as
reader or writer?

If you're interested, I'd be willing to explain some more on where my
research is going to, and perhaps even post it when it's ready.

Thanks for any input you can give me.

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans