OT - Research on LFS

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Thu Mar 14 14:17:14 PST 2002

On Thursday 14 March 2002 21:23, Marc Heerdink wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply, been very very busy during the past week :)
> But let's get on to the questions.

Every post is still welcome.

> I first heard about the LFS book when it was still an LFS-HOWTO and
> it came with my first-ever linux distribution (slack 3.x IIRC). I
> quickly glanced over it (being a real Linux n00b at that time) and I
> figured I wouldn't ever be able to complete it successfully.

What's a n00b? (better yet: where's the site with a dictionary of all
these geek ;) terms?)

> > If you're interested, I'd be willing to explain some more on where
> > my research is going to, and perhaps even post it when it's ready.
>
> I'd be interested :) Is it going to be in Dutch or English?

Dutch. I'm willing to try and translate it but it's not a trivial task.
It's not a "light" subject, but I think it could provide some usefull
insights in the workings of LFS.
Thanks for your reply!

--
Groeten/Greetings,