OT - Research on LFS

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 18 10:20:16 PST 2002

Yo,

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 11:06:43PM +0100, Jeroen Coumans wrote:
> All posts are welcome, in fact, I'm thinking about expanding this
> research once I've written the initial paper. Maybe you'll find me at
> #lfs some time soon.

Gladly, we can always use more ppl there.

> This was deliberate, since I only have 6 weeks from initial proposal to
> final paper.

Heh.

> It definitely helps. The research I'm doing is partly ethnographic -
> which means I'm actually studying the behavior and codes which are IMO
> constituting the book.

nods.

> Doesn't this imply that it would in fact be _not_ practical? Why would
> anyone read something when a new improved version is out?

Well, it isn't practical really.  Not in a published and printed since.
However, many, many people, do not like to actually "read" at there
computer.  Even myself for certain things i like to "get away" and read
a real, physical book.  There are some advantages.. but i doubt the
LFS-BOOK would work that well in it's present state.

It could, given enough time...

> > editted the book.  That honour is only available to a few; Gerard,
> > Marc and Mark.

Oh, maybe the old PPC author too.  When the LFS-BOOK was also officially
supporting a PPC version, iirc.  Thou I don't think any of us have heard
from him in a *long* now either way.

> Thanks for your response!

np.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org