glibc-version

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 28 07:38:28 PST 2002

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 03:36:01PM +0100, Albert-Jan wrote:
> It kinda feels wrong adding a script to lfs
> cuz your not doing it all your self  anymore

Then don't use it. Or look at the script and run the commands manually. We
don't have people type out the Glibc source and configure it using a
script. All the bootscripts are scripts.

And, you really don't want to manually type ouf all the commands necessary
to check an installation against a log file. Scripts aren't necesarrily bad
and polute the "lfs spirit" so to say. They just make life easier. It's not
that you're going to implement a package managing system that we decide on
and you can't easily change it. This checklfs package is just an added
thing under the "self diagnostics scripts" umbrella. Too many problems can
be fixed by people themselves if they know beforehand that some programs,
for example, aren't statically linked. 90% of the emails sent to
lfs-support can all be avoided. If nothign else it'll make our lives easier
and we can get more LFS releases out there more quickly...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org