LILO And /boot

Jason Van Cleve jason at jason.vancleve.com
Tue May 7 23:40:55 PDT 2002

Hi,

In the last few versions of LFS Book, in the section "Making the LFS system bootable", you only copy image files from the host /boot to that of the LFS system, yet you copy the entire lilo.conf from /etc.  This creates problems when you run LILO on the LFS system, since some files referenced in lilo.conf are not in the new /boot directory.  I've gotten multiple "no such file..." errors running LILO in my Mandrake-8.1-spawned LFS system.  Please address this.

Thanks.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org