four times

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat May 11 07:22:13 PDT 2002

On Sat, 11, May, 2002 at 02:19:39PM +0200, Alex Groenewoud spoke thus..
> When translating xml to html some "
" still crop up here,
> confusing kfm.
>
> This happens in chapter01/faq.xml and chapter09/getcounted.xml
> due to the linebreaks inside the ulinks.
> It also happens in chapter01/changelog.xml, but well...
> And also in chapter06/chrootcmd.xml due to the final newline.
I've fixed the ulink issues I hope.

I noticed the other day that we used:

<ulink url="http://somewhere">http://somewhere</ulink>

when we want the url to be both a hyperlink and available textually.
What we now do (as I'm about to commit it) is:

<ulink url="http://somewhere"/>

which has exactly the same effect but is (to my mind, easier and
probably more correct).  Obviously I've only changed this where the link
and the text are identical; the major exceptions are in chapter01 where
we list email addresses.  A quick grep -r "</ulink>" . | wc -l reveals
that there are 30 of these left which I think should remain the same.

The only
 which still appears to remain is in the generated page
chapter06/chroot.html.  I *think* we've discussed this before and didn't
come up with a way of fixing it.  All the others are gone though I
believe.

Mark

markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org