CVS unfreeze

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 24 18:38:55 PDT 2002

On Fri, 24, May, 2002 at 08:29:58PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans spoke thus..
> Keep-5-6-sep hint stuff commited, opening CVS for you guys to fix all the
> mistakes I've made.
>
> I think I got all the files moved properly and there shouldn't be any stale
> files behind in chapter 5, but please do a double check for me (I know it's
> tedious to check every existing entity to see if only one file exists and
> it requires you to remember old filenames too...so just keep an eye and if
> you see something wrong cvs delete it).

I'm just wondering what the reasoning is behind this order:

kernel-headers
glibc
makedev

Wouldn't it make more sense to do:

kernel-headers
makedev
glibc

or even makedev first?  That way, we don't have to create the /dev/null
device seperately (and MAKEDEV-1.5 doens't need glibc to work)

Just a thought.

Mark

markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org