spaces, names, and the plural of ID

Alex Groenewoud krisp at wanadoo.nl
Sun May 26 13:56:47 PDT 2002

The patch-file puts in some missing spaces between numbers and MB,
corrects the names off some packages in the official download sections,
harmonizes the spelling of "Unix", repairs a few typos, and makes some
minor textual improvements.

About one thing I can't make my mind up: the plural of "ID".
The book uses both IDs and ID's.  Man-pages and RFC's also use both,
but there IDs outnumber ID's by about 5:1.
In theory a plural "s" should be attached to the word, but I would
prefer here an "'s", even when this normally indicates a possessive.
What do the editors think?

Alex