rewrite of chapter 5 intro

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 27 17:44:43 PDT 2002

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 10:38:17PM +0200, Alex Groenewoud wrote:
> The rewrite also drops the three sentences on circular dependencies, as
> these sentences seems to say that solving circular dependencies is a
> reason for statical linking, which it is not.
> The circular dependencies are not solved by the method of linking, but
> by compiling *on a host system* the essential tools: compiler, shell,
> unzip, untar, and some others.

I haven't read through your patch yet, but I wanted to ask one thing:
instead of removing things from chapter 5's introduction I think we can
move some parts to the other chapters where they belong. Not sure if you
took that into account of it's necessary. I admit I don't read the
introductions very often. I can't even recall what chapter 5's intro
contains at the moment.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org