Succesfully built cvs20020527

Alan Lord lord_alan at hotmail.com
Tue May 28 13:03:00 PDT 2002

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I have successfully built yesterday's cvs on my
old Athlon 450Mhz box.

Everything went hunky-dory.. The move to $LFS/static was well implemented
and is very easy to follow...

There are quite a few typographical errors in the book (like where the s/w's
title releasse version is changed but the text below is not) but nothing to
get too hung up over. Sorry, but if I had thought about it I should have
noted them as I was going along - something for next time.

FWIW I used binutils-2.12.1 and I also use DevFS rather than MAKEDEV.

Thanks again for the great work the team does. I have learnt more about
Linux from building a few LFS systems than any other book could ever teach
me. I still have a lot to learn however, like how to get a bootable CD with
DevFS... But that's another story...

Alan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org