CVS book & resolv.conf

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon Sep 2 10:31:44 PDT 2002

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002, Bill Maltby LFS Related wrote:

[snip the previous part ]

> It would work for them, of course. Once they had connectivity. My concern
> not clearly put, was that those who are most likely to bump into the prob-
> lem (no intranet/gateway) will likely have to get dhcp working so that
> they get to the ISP before they can take advantage of DNS facilities
> there. So, if we put resolve.conf stuff in the book, it strikes me that we
> probably should put a reference to BLFS or there will be a lot of "I did
> what the resolve.conf syays, but I still can't get out".

 Right, I understand your issues now! I was coming from "most people need
connectivity, so they'll need something in /etc/resolv.conf, and it fits
in with what is in the bootscripts for the network".

 Whether it goes into BLFS, or as conditional stuff in LFS, doesn't really
matter to me.

> OTOH, I have been known to miis the boat before, am I missing something
> here too?
>

> Bill Maltby
> billm at wlmcs.com

Ken