Bogus paragraph - chapter05/introduction.html

Greg Schafer gschafer at zip.com.au
Wed Sep 18 18:22:19 PDT 2002

"The software in this chapter will be linked statically, because there
is a possibility that your host Linux system uses a different version of
the C library than the version you downloaded for use in your LFS system.
If we were to link the programs in this chapter against that older C
library, these programs might work incorrectly, or not at all, when we
change to the LFS system."

Maybe I'm missing something here, but the reason for the static linking
has nothing to do with the C library version on the host? Surely once
inside the chroot, the host's C library is pretty well invisible.

That paragraph looks bogus to me and may need to be reworded or maybe
even flicked. The static stuff is explained elsewhere isn't it?

Greg
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org