wget script

Jason Huebel jason at technicalcare.com
Thu Jan 9 19:40:51 PST 2003

I've attached a script and a list of URLs usable with wget.  Note that
the script (wget.packages) isn't strictly necessary, but specifies a
couple of sane wget options (like max retries and download resuming).

Anyway, save these two files to the directory where you want to download
the packages to, make wget.packages executable and run it...  I've used
freshmeat redirected links for a lot of things.  I also avoided using
the LFS FTP server, since it only allows 50 connections.  Any LFS
patches come from downloads.linuxfromscratch.org, instead.  For the odd
download that came from a SourceForge download server, I used the Telia
mirror.

NOTE:  I've included some newer packages in urllist.txt than what is
specified in the LFS book dated 20030108.  Use at your own risk.

Hope this is useful... The script and list a public domain, I reserve no
rights to it and accept no responsibility for what it might do to your
computer, love life or mental disposition.

Jason Huebel