cvs commit: LFS/FAQ netiquette.xml faq.xml listofentries.ent

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 14 16:16:38 PST 2003

On January 14, 2003 04:55 pm, Alex Potter wrote:
> >>   <para>For those who've been around project mailing lists awhile
> >>   the first few items are an insult to the intellegence.
> >>   There are better toward the end.
> >>   </para>
> >
> > Try "There are better ones toward the end."
>
> Gerard
>
> Better insults?
>
> The original was better usage.

But still missing something..."There are better toward the end". Better what?
Items? Insults? Apples? Now that I re-read the sentence again, slowly this
time (like I said I quickly skimmed it. Seems I did it too quick. I didn't
even notice the word 'insult' when I replied before) I'd think 'there' is a
typo and should've been 'they'. That would make more sense. The first few
items are an insult (meaning pretty bad items if you will) but they (the
items) get better towards the end.

> BTW, English is my first language....

Heh, that's a nice way of saying "I've been speaking English all my life so
your measily 3 years don't compare to mine. I am a higher authority". ;)

And you're probably right too. English just isn't my first language so I
sometimes have a different view on things ;o)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org