lfsml-6

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 15 14:38:21 PST 2003

On January 15, 2003 03:24 pm, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> xsltproc --xinclude --output lfsexample.html lfs2html.xsl lfsexample.xml
>
> Hope this helps.

Bingo that works. I had to add the DOCTYPE line to the include.xml file but
that was it.

Is there a way to make DOCTYPE being inherited from the parent doc?

The included xml files right now aren't full xml files, there's no <?xml?>
header, or a doctype. Just a straight include. Kind of like a "source"
function in bash.

That way we can write quick xml files without having to make them Fully
Qualified XML Files (FQXMLF anybody?)

But, it's not such a big deal. We are only talking about two lines on top of
every file. That isn't a big deal. But if we were to change the doctype in
the parent file we'd have to make the same change to every other xml file.
That'd be more work (though a recursive sed would help, but it'd be nicer if
that weren't necessary).

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org