lfsml (Was: Re: lfsml-6)

Seth W.Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Fri Jan 17 13:29:51 PST 2003

> On January 15, 2003 02:13 pm, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
>
> I don't like these parts:
> <prompt>/usr/src/bash-<dat-value package="bash" type="version" name="ver
> sion"/> $ </prompt>
>
> That's not going to fun to remember or maintain. Couldn't entities be used for
> these cases and use bash-&bash-version; ? That would also read better.
>
> I don't think use of entities are all bad. I don't like how entities are
> abused by making them include files, but that's only done because it's the
> only way to do it.

Uning entities like &bash-version; is putting document content in
the DTD. That is "all bad" :) How about:

<prompt>/usr/src/bash-<var-ref name="bash-version"/> $ </prompt>

I've also fixed <description> and merged your xinclude work.

Before i think about code for displaying more urls in the info element
(like for patches), how should that information block actually be
handled? Do any of the values there really need to come from variables?

I've attached the revision 6 to 7 patch for your convenience.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein