How to accelerate the compilation

Simon Comeau Martel martelsc at videotron.ca
Sat Jan 18 08:00:18 PST 2003

Just had the idea that you could add a page at the begining of the book, pointing differents ways to accelerate the compilation of everyting.  Just a line or two and a URL for each...

Exemples of what you could put on that page:

-j switch of make

ccache => http://ccache.samba.org/

crosscompiling

Mosix

You could also put lfscmd and alf on that page...

And a litle question about bootscripts; why is there no script for inetd?  We install it, so I think we sould start it at boot...

--
Simon Comeau Martel
martelsc at videotron.ca
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org