processing lfs-cvs on windows

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Sun Jan 19 08:41:37 PST 2003

Just wondering whether anyone here's had success in processing lfs-cvs
under a Windows environment.  I've hit a really weird problem with
xmllint:

1) Running `xmllint --valid' fails due to not being able to find
/usr/share/docbook/docbookx.dtd.  This was understandable as the
directory didn't exist (my docbook dtd is kept in
/docbook-dtd/docbookx.dtd).
2) Changed the reference for the DOCTYPE to /docbook-dtd/docbookx.dtd
and the file validated, again understandable.
3) Unzipped a fresh copy of the docbook dtd into C:\usr\share\docbook.
Changed the reference in the DOCTYPE back to
/usr/share/docbook/docbookx.dtd and xmllint barfed again (as per point
1).
4) Changed the DOCTYPE reference as per point 2. but renamed the
/docbook-dtd directory.  xmllint ran successfully (but why?  The DTD
didn't exist this time!).

Thanks for any help you can provide on this one,

Matt.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org