lfsml (Was: Re: lfsml-6)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 19 14:01:37 PST 2003

On January 18, 2003 05:19 pm, Seth W.Klein wrote:
> If i understand what appendix a contains, it should be generated
> by the stylesheet (or the opposite). It's a separation of content
> and presentation thing. The xml should say what the, for example,
> package contents are and the stylesheet decides if they appear in
> an appendix and/or the chroot chapter pages and/or the static
> chapter pages.

That's exactly what I want to see happen. It seems that DocBook only works the
other way around, but then again I stopped researching Docbook a while ago
and just lived with whatever we had at the time and build on it.

How would you make a stylesheet output to different files depending on what it
comes across?

We couldn't have the stylesheet output stuff sequentially because some things
would go in a chapter, some in the appendix and the next chunk could go back
in the chapter, and so on. Is there some way to tell "from here till there
process it and output to file xyz.html"

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org