revised chroot

James Cozine jmcozine at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 08:45:18 PST 2003

jason at tommyk.com (Jason Gurtz) writes:

> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> Martin Hodge wrote:

>>> LOL!  Who ever said computer geeks had impeccable grammar?
>>>
>> from www.dictionary.com:
> <snip>
>
> so it would be, "...work, regardless of...?"
>
> although that seems to invite, "...work, regardless of which version of..."
>
> perhaps, "...work, irrespective of...," is the best?

Although simply dropping the initial `ir' would work:

  The following chroot command will work regardless of your host
  distribution's Glibc version.

perhaps:

  The following chroot command will work without regard to your host
  distribution's Glibc version

Though avoiding that word in particular would probably be best:

  The following chroot command will work independent of your host
  distribution's Glibc version.

> Gah, english... ...and I grew up speaking/writing it =/

It's a shame: I'm not a product of a failed public educational
system, but rather despite it.

-jc
--
The reverse side also has a reverse side.
		-- Japanese proverb
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org