cvs commit: LFS/BOOK/chapter05 adjusting.xml

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 2 08:34:02 PDT 2004

Some small typos/suggestions...

> should be linked against these +libraries. In order to accomplish this the
> linker, and the compiler's +specs file, need to be adjsted.</para>

"In order to accomplish this, the linker and the compiler's specs file need to
be adjusted."

(notice the comma reorganization)

> First the adjusted linker is installed (adjusted at the end of the
> first pass +of Binutils), by running the following command from within
>    the <filename class="directory">binutils-build</filename>
> directory:</para>

"First, the linker, adjusted at the end of the first pass of Binutils, is
installed by running the following command from within the binutils-build
directory:"

> +<note><para>If you missed the earlier warning to
> retain the Binutils +source and build directories from the first pass, dont
> worry - all is not lost.

"If you missed the earlier warning to retain the Binutils source and build
directories from the first pass, don't worry - all is not lost."

>+<para>Now that the adjusted linker is installed, the
> Binutils build and source +direcotries should be

"Now that the adjusted linker is installed, the Binutils build and source
directories should be removed."

>   +<para>It is recommended that the above command be cut-and-pasted in
> order to ensure correctness - Alternatively the specs file can be edited by
> hand. This is done simply by replacing every occurrence of
> <quote>/lib/ld-linux.so.2</quote> with

"Alternatively, the specs file can be edited by hand."

>   +<para> Be sure to visually inspect the specs file in order to verify the
> intended changes have been mande.</para>

s/mande/made/

>   +To perform a simple sanity check run the following commands:</para>

"To perform a simple sanity check, run the following commands:"

>   +First, perform the sanity check again, using <command>gcc</command>
> instead of +<command>cc</command>. If this works then the
>    <filename class="symlink">/tools/bin/cc</filename> symlink is missing.

"If this works, then the /tools/bin/cc symlink is missing" (not sure if we can
put a comma here)

--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org