cvs commit: LFS/bootscripts/lfs/init.d udev

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Wed Jun 2 19:10:21 PDT 2004

winkie at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>   +# If hotplug is actually present, then set it to be the default manager of
>   +# hotplug events, otherwise quietly exit.
>   +if [ -x /sbin/hotplug ]; then
>   +	echo /sbin/hotplug > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
>   +else
>   +	exit 0
>   +fi

Good.
>   +		if [ ! -x /sbin/hotplug ]; then
>    			echo /sbin/udev > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
>    		fi

This "if" breaks creation of devices from the "modules" script. Udev
should unconditionally become a temporary handler for hotplug events at
this point and that should be (and is) overridden in the hotplug
initscript later.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n .