cvs commit: LFS/bootscripts/lfs/init.d udev

Alexander E. Patrakov see at the.sig
Thu Jun 3 02:35:35 PDT 2004

Nathan Coulson wrote:
>> nathan at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>>
>>> nathan      04/06/02 19:59:32
>>>
>>> Modified:    bootscripts CHANGELOG bootscripts/contrib/init.d
>>> hotplug bootscripts/lfs/init.d udev Log: Just reorganized the
>>> error checking in udev and hotplug
>>
>> Now the initscripts are ready for the no-default-hotplug kernel
>> patch. It will enter the book today after I visit a doctor (sorry
>> for the delay).
>
> Can I Ignore your previous email then?

Our mails state the same, so if you mean the following words by me,
ignore them:

> This "if" breaks creation of devices from the "modules" script. Udev
> should unconditionally become a temporary handler for hotplug events
> at this point and that should be (and is) overridden in the hotplug
> initscript later.

The reason is that the problem is already fixed by you. If you mean
something else, please explain.

However, I found one more problem with userspace readiness to handle
hotplug events, and it's at shutdown. Please add the following line at
the beginning of the "stop" section of the sendsignals script:

echo >/proc/sys/kernel/hotplug

Rationale: we are going to kill all processes before unmounting
filesystems, but without this line we don't prevent them from starting
again due to unexpected hotplug events.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n .