cvs commit: LFS/bootscripts/lfs/init.d sendsignals

Nathan Coulson conathan at conet.dyndns.org
Fri Jun 4 20:02:22 PDT 2004

> Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>> nathan at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
>>
>>>    case "$1" in
>>>        stop)
>>>   +        echo "Disabling Hotplug Events..."
>>>   +        > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
>>>   +        evaluate_retval
>>>   +
>>

>> Doing this on my system has no effect, /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug retains
>> its previous value. It would be better to just shove /bin/true in there,
>> or something like that.
>
> The following command does not work:
>  > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
>
> And this works, because the kernel looks for the newline character:
>
> echo >/proc/sys/kernel/hotplug
>
> Interesting enough, Debian also disables hotplug subsystem on shutdown.
>
> --
> Alexander E. Patrakov
> To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n .
> --

Sorry, I wasn't finished testing it.

I wish I could have got this logging working [my latest attempt was
BOOTLOG='$@ 2>&1', then echo $BOOTLOG], but things were not lined up
properly );

and then I had good ol arby's.

Anyway, fixed now.  [again, wont have time to test it );]  Have to retest
the rc script too, I hope I never broke it );