the dbhtml filename directives

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Mar 4 12:57:12 PST 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 04:14, Alex Groenewoud wrote:
> But do you mean, Gerard, that _none_ of the HTML filenames should
> change?  Or just a few important ones that you have bookmarked?
> Because it seems to me nothing should depend on these HTML files
> having specific names.
>
> Anyhow, when the dbhtml directives disappear all bookmarks would
> become incorrect, since all HTML files will be placed into a single
> directory instead of in a subdirectory per chapter.

Which is a gigantic mess, all files in one directory. That's why these
dbhtml directives are here in the first place, to keep them separated by
chapter.

If you remove dbhtml that's fine, as long as the files stay named the
same and end up in the same directory as they are now.

This isn't just about my potential bookmarks (I don't even use bookmarks
myself) but of the community at large. There is no reason to make this
kind of change IMO, everything in one directory. I find it too messy to
be acceptable.