cvs commit: LFS/BOOK/chapter04 chapter04.xml

Alex Groenewoud alex at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 5 10:30:41 PST 2004

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> FFS

What?

> Alex, why do you insist on publically displaying your complete
> ignorance and disregard for my work?

I don't disregard your work, I'm just trying to make mine easier.
Last January I looked at your stuff and commented on it.  Since then
nothing changed, I haven't seen any newxml commit messages.

> If you'd have bothered to look at
> the newxml stuff you'd have seen I've already dealt with this.

>From your other messages I now understand that many changes were
made, but your humble "progress of sorts" didn't trigger me into
grabbing the ball.

> I can only assume you
> have some ulterior motive or personal grievance with me that leads you
> to ignore what I'm doing.

No, I don't.  On the other hand, did you see my post from Jan 31,
"custom XML"?  And did you react to it?  (If you did, I haven't
seen it.)

Anyhow, I understand that you wish me to look at your stuff, and I
can understand that you ask me to work on that stuff too.  But what
I don't understand is that you _expect_ me to look at those things,
things that do not even work yet.

> I'm learning through it anyway so it's not like I'd have
> been doing it all for nothing.

And that's why I don't understand what you're getting so upset
about.

Alex