cvs commit: LFS/BOOK/chapter04 chapter04.xml

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Mar 5 11:23:32 PST 2004

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:30:41 +0100
Alex Groenewoud <alex at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Matthew Burgess wrote:
> > FFS
>
> What?

http://www.geocities.com/mag888.geo/smilies.html.  Funnily enough got to
via a google for "Abbreviations FFS", 2nd link.

> > Alex, why do you insist on publically displaying your complete
> > ignorance and disregard for my work?
>
> I don't disregard your work, I'm just trying to make mine easier.

*Yours*?  Last time I looked this was a *team* project.  The common goal
here should be making the teams' work easier.

> Last January I looked at your stuff and commented on it.  Since then
> nothing changed, I haven't seen any newxml commit messages.

That's because the changes broke the processing so badly that I didn't
feel comfortable in commiting them.  This was raised on the lists.

> > If you'd have bothered to look at
> > the newxml stuff you'd have seen I've already dealt with this.
>
> From your other messages I now understand that many changes were
> made, but your humble "progress of sorts" didn't trigger me into
> grabbing the ball.
>
> > I can only assume you
> > have some ulterior motive or personal grievance with me that leads
> > you to ignore what I'm doing.
>
> No, I don't.  On the other hand, did you see my post from Jan 31,
> "custom XML"?  And did you react to it?  (If you did, I haven't
> seen it.)

I grabbed it, extracted it, saw it wasn't XML so `rm -r`d it.

> Anyhow, I understand that you wish me to look at your stuff, and I
> can understand that you ask me to work on that stuff too.  But what
> I don't understand is that you _expect_ me to look at those things,
> things that do not even work yet.

I don't "expect" you to do anything.  However I would have thought it
was common courtesy to take a look seeing as our work seems to be in
very similar areas.

> > I'm learning through it anyway so it's not like I'd have
> > been doing it all for nothing.
>
> And that's why I don't understand what you're getting so upset
> about.

Well then you're even more ignorant than I previously gave you credit
for.