Different CVS modules, different (outdated) states

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 21 08:54:00 PST 2004

Hi guys,

It's time to bring some order to the chaos. Or maybe it's just a
perceived chaos on my part.

We have a lfs-5.1-pre1 branch that's outdated, it needs to be brought up
to the same level as current HEAD after Ryan tells us what Glibc to use
in it.

Then there is HEAD itself which currently seems oudated compared to
newxml to which Matthew just made updates to coreutils, perl and grub.

I like newxml's rendering a lot better (the resulting HTML output,
especially those nice and clear note/warning boxes such as on the
Binutils installation pages).

Matthew, can you explain with as much detail as you can what it will
take to transform newxml into HEAD and keep using it? We'll figure out
what to do with the b5_1 branch later, we might upgrade it too to the
newxml format if we decide to make the branch equal to HEAD and work
from there. Basically that means start the branch from scratch.

If you think newxml can be transformed to HEAD, then I would like to get
this done today.

This also means update the /usr/bin/render-lfs-book.sh script and
replace with whatever you use script wise.