cvs commit: LFS/newxml/chapter07 loadkeys.xml

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Mar 21 13:54:24 PST 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:40:21 +0000
Alex Potter <spambin at apcuk.dyndns.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:45:14 -0700, matthew thusly spake in
> <20040321204514.5A18B142E at smtp.linuxfromscratch.org>:
> >   +<para>If, when installing <xref linkend="ch-system-kbd"/>, you
> >   decided that you+will be compiling your keymap directly into the
> >   kernel during <xref
>
> Tenses a bit confused here - I suggest:
>
> s/will be compiling/would compile/

Yeah, I know.  The whole problem stems from the fact that the original
text (and thus my ammended version), includes a link back to something
that has already been done (hence past tense), and also to something
that the reader will be doing (hence future tense).  I think the whole
thing needs rewriting but can't think of how to do it.

Maybe it would just be better to say something like:

"If you will be compiling the keymap directly in the kernel during
chapter 8 (see kbd for details),..."

Any better/clearer?

Matt.