cvs commit: LFS/newxml/chapter07 loadkeys.xml

Alex Potter spambin at apcuk.dyndns.org
Sun Mar 21 15:06:42 PST 2004

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:54:24 +0000, Matthew Burgess thusly spake in
<20040321215424.2371efe1.matthew at linuxfromscratch.org>:

> Yeah, I know.  The whole problem stems from the fact that the original
> text (and thus my ammended version), includes a link back to something
> that has already been done (hence past tense), and also to something
> that the reader will be doing (hence future tense).  I think the whole
> thing needs rewriting but can't think of how to do it.
>
> Maybe it would just be better to say something like:
>
> "If you will be compiling the keymap directly in the kernel during
> chapter 8 (see kbd for details),..."
>
> Any better/clearer?
>
> Matt.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other, I think :)

<pedant>
My thought was that "you decided"  determined the tense for the
remainder of the sentence, which was perfectly sound, apart from the
future tense relating to compilation.
</pedant>

Regards
--
Alex Potter

The email address above is a spamtrap.
Please reply to alexp -at- apcuk -dot- dyndns -dot- org