cvs commit: LFS/BOOK/chapter06 vim.xml

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Fri May 7 18:42:28 PDT 2004

winkie at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> winkie      04/05/07 10:23:14
>
>   Modified:    BOOK     Tag: b6_0 general.ent
>                BOOK/chapter01 Tag: b6_0 changelog.xml
>                BOOK/chapter06 Tag: b6_0 vim.xml
>   Log:
>   Pass --enable-multibyte to Vim

I doubt that this change is 100% correct and should go anywhere except
HEAD. Although I cannot provide an example which fails because of
ncurses right now, I think that multibyte-enabled vim should be used
with (experimental, but used by many distros, including Gentoo)
wide-character enabled ncurses. See the UTF-8 hint for details on
building them.

Of course I will search google or ask in the vim-related mailing lists.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
To get my address: echo '0!42!+/6 at 5-3.535.25' | tr [!-:] [a-z] | tr n .