cvs commit: LFS/BOOK/stylesheets/xhtml lfs-navigational.xsl

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Sat May 8 16:43:43 PDT 2004

M.Canales.es wrote:

>El Sáb 08 May 2004 18:39 Jeroen Coumans escrbió:
>

>>What does this patch do? AFAICT it removes some semantic markup (ul)
>>with meaningless div's and adds presentational tags (br); which is
>>completely opposite to the changes we've worked on so far to introduce
>>some more semantic XHTML. I'd first like to see a rendering of it and at
>>least discuss it before such a change is implemented.
>>

>Well, returned tu {ul}, using the css code from Bruce, and some minor adjust.
>
>I think that now all we can agree with the tagging and the look ;-)
>
>http://www.macana-es.com/pruebas/test-book/

On my system, the home/up links are not centered and there is too much
vertical space between the prev/next and their titles.  It detracts from
the appearance.  This is one of the things I found last night that
caused me to change to [div] tags.

On another related matter, I was thinking that we need a separate
stylesheet for printing the xhtml.  I was able to do this
with the attached files.  When printing a page, the navigation links are
not printed.  The added template probably doesn't go in lfs-chunked, but
I couldn't think of a better place right now.  It probably should be in
a separate included stylesheet.

We could probably shorten up the lfs-print.css with:

@include lfs.css

.navfooter, .headerlinks {
  display: none;
}