Still the book rendering

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 17 21:09:06 PDT 2004

Hi again,

To keep compatibility while the mirrors sync the recent website changes, I've
not removed the lfs/{view,downloads}/{test,cvs} directories. The
lfs/{view,downloads}/stable directories also need to be removed right before
the 5.1 release so the rendering script can replace them with a symlink.

I've also commented out this code:

sed -i '4i\
$file

As the recent xsl stylesheet version take care of this properly.

I'd like to suggest also adding the following parameter to xsltproc:

-stringparam chunk.quietly 1

or embbed it into the xsl stylesheet, to suppress those "Writing ... from ..."
debug messages.

And finally, the PDF output is not produced by the script yet, as I do not
know if it's already suitable for automated generation (i.e. does not require
manual tuning). Should I already enable it? Does Belgarath already have the
necessary tools for PDF generation?

Also, there is no "txt" or "nochunks" Makefile targets yet.

That's it :)
--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org