r4148 - in branches/testing/BOOK: chapter02 chapter03 chapter04 chapter05 chapter06 chapter07 chapter08 prologue

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 9 19:24:58 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 20:05, Nico R. wrote:
> I'm not sure. I think "affect" does not only relate to emotions. Could
> it be used as a synonym for "to influence", "to modify" or "to cause an
> effect on"?

Hmmm. It could be "to influence" in which case both effect and affect
can be used in at least some of changes I made. It then becomes, if it
is correct, a matter of which is more correct.

Well, back to square one. Tomorrow, when people are awake again, I will
talk to an English expert about this one and get it over with once and
for all.