r4160 - branches/testing/BOOK/chapter01

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Sep 12 06:55:40 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-12 at 04:28, manuel at linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> -through this book, check the FAQ page at <ulink url="&faq-root;"/>.
> +through this book, check the FAQ page at <ulink url="&faq-root;#generalfaq"/>.

It doesn't really effect the layout too badly, but I do have this
question: how is #generalfaq more correct than just
www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/ ?

It is the exact same page just without the automatic jump to the content
where the FAQ TOC starts. I'm sure people don't really care about having
to scroll down a few lines and it just adds more to type out in the
book.

If there is no compelling reason I will remove #generalfaq from the URL
and stick with a basic URL instead. It looks better, too.