r4160 - branches/testing/BOOK/chapter01

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 15 11:19:22 PDT 2004

El Mié 15 Sep 2004 00:22 Gerard Beekmans escrbió:

> Oh yes it looks great. I was just complaining about how slow the process
> of xmllint is. Even if we had all the time in the world, adding those
> pagebreaks can't be automated and every time you add one or two breaks
> you have to re-render the PDF to verify the results before you can add
> another one. It's a tedious process no matter if there is pressure or
> not :)

Yes, I must render several times the book each day to test any small tag or
stylesheet change. It took many time but, at least in my machine, is more fast
that the render of a similar size document using JadeTeX. I was revising and
rendering a lot of them for the TLDP-ES team.

And, when we can do profiling in one pass, the time will be reduced a lot.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia
Usuario de LFS nº 2886: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/